1. For the poor souls not already reading, please give a brief synopsis of your comic.
NIEBLA, tales from a continent beyond the clouds, is a story about an intrepid young man who gets involved with magical objects, mysteries and incredible creatures, its filled with beautiful images charged with different tones, and splendid colors, the story is situated on a continent called Arofa, which elevated beyond the clouds just before the world got covered with water. Tell you more about it, would be to spoil it, better go to it, and read it, is a fast lecture, and you won’t regret it.
2. What materials and/or software do you use?
I tend to draw on paper, ink and paint in photoshop
3. Are there any books, movies, toys, artists, or authors that have inspired or continue to inspire your comic?
Certainly I have been influenced by a number of things and people. I think Katsuhiro Otomo is one of them, then, perhaps a little of Moebius. I love all the art in movies like Lord of the rings, the detail on everything.
4. Are any of your characters based on real people in your life?
Mmm, No really.
5. Are there any actors you know you would want to play or voice certain characters in a movie of your comic?
mmmm, haven’t thought about that, perhaps Sietre could be Ray Stevenson, and Kapore could be James Purefoy
6. What songs would you like in a soundtrack of your comic?
Mmm, Ok, I know that’s impossible, but, if allowed to dream, I would like to have a soundtrack composed by Hans Zimmer or Howard Shore
7. What is your overall goal for your comic?
Entertain, and give the audience something beautiful to look at.
8. How has managing a comic impacted your life?
It has made me very happy, I’m living the dream!
9. What do you do to advertise your work?
10. Web comics can be very time consuming and sometimes expensive to keep up. Often there is little reward in regards to money and sometimes public attention. Why do you do it?
Love for it. But no man can live only by doing the things he loves right? I know that it is difficult at the beginning, but I hope in the near future, achieve enough fans so I can make a living out of it.
11. Got any other projects we should know about?
I worked at Ape Entertainment, drawing the comic of Shrek, I did the art of a graphic Novel called “ Praetorians” for Outlaw entertainment. Doing a lot of color for other comics too.
12. What advice would you give to aspiring creators?
Prepare yourselves. Study. Read every book about the topic you are interested in. If you are a writer, write, and learn about structure, Plot, characters, dialogue,. If you are an artist, draw every day, paint, sculpt! Study and practice.
Sweet thanks for taking the time Ramón! I believe you have accomplished your goal of giving the audience something beautiful to look at. Niebla is a gorgeous comic!
If you dig NIEBLA you can show your love by up-voting the submission for this interview at Reddit Webcomics. Up-voting keeps NIEBLA on the front page of the webcomic category longer which means more people get to see it!
Thanks for reading! Let us know what you think with a comment below. Then raise your sword and charge to NIEBLA!
If you would like to be interviewed about your web-comic send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org titled "interview" with a link to your comic.